Mar 18, 2009

crayola crayon and watercolor technique

Want to try a fun technique... one that may remind you of older memories made in preschool art class? Well, here ya go!

This technique is very simple.... Use a white crayon to create a design on lightly colored (white is best) cardstock. You can create tons of designs... either doodle (like I did on my page here), Use a template, color in empty spaces left from chipboard sets with white crayon onto your page. Just try and remember where you colored as it's nearly impossible to see the white crayon on the white cardstock.

Then! Get out the watercolors and lightly (you don't want to get your cardstock too damp as it will curl and bend out of shape... not that I learned that the hard way or anything! wink!) paint over the areas you colored on. You'll end up with cardstock that's colored except for the spots you colored on! Talk about a fun way to make unique backgrounds for your pages or a fun embellishment!

Here's my page using this technique... mind you it's one of my older pages, but I wanted you to get the idea here! The blue border with the white dots was made using this technique! Thanks for letting me share and have fun!, Charity


6 comments:

Holly said...

Very cute, Charity! I love that technique... been a while since I've used it! Thanks for sharing! :0)

CarlaKH said...

fab idea and one that I can actually do :)

Mel G said...

Love it!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Cathy R. said...

Interesting! I gotta try this = )

Danielle Flanders said...

Adorable, love your technique, Charity!!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

I love this technique, Charity. The page looks great!