Oct 22, 2008

Get that down

Many of us have company, friends, and family that we'll be around during the upcoming holidays. So, how do you capture what it means to be around those special people? How do you add meaningful journaling to those pages about your family? Well, I don't have all the answers, but here are a few ideas:

Sometimes, I've found the most meaningful journaling comes from the person you're doing the page about. Ask your mom or grandmother, for example, to write down some of her favorite things about spending time with you and your family.

Get your child's perspective on what makes a visit with someone special.
Make a list- I jotted down a few things I noticed that were special when my mother-in-law recently visited us. Pretty simple - I just listed them in the journaling spot right next to the photos..

I also adore Sasha's layout using this month's kit of her and her sister-simply fabulous:


another fabulous example is from Leslie:

Enjoy those times with those special people!, Charity

3 comments:

Cindee said...

yea, gotta remember that.. :)

Cathy R. said...

Thanks Charity for the tip! Will use it when I get stuck with journaling next time!

Sasha Farina said...

tha tip is oh so useful! Thanks Charity!