Sep 24, 2009

Announcing the New Tulip Girls!



Yes, it's the moment you've been waiting for! Our new Label Tulip Design Team members have been chosen. Boy, was it a tough job! We had a total of 189 entries; unbelievable! I saw some of the most beautiful layouts ever, and it was soooooo hard in making this choice. In fact, even though we only had 2 spots open, I decided to create a third position because I liked one of our entrants so much and thought she'd be perfect to help me out. In addition to the 2 members that I will introduce you to below, we have a third member coming on as our Marketing Coordinator. This position was created so that the individual with the job can help spread the message of Label Tulip ("Your Scrapbook Home"), recruit new members to our message forums, assist with advertising, contests, and all in all in be a communication source for the Label Tulip team. I realized after owning the company for less than a month that I was going to need some serious help! I want to be able to communicate every day with all of our great subscribers and forum members, but I was running so low on time and energy because I was also busy spreading the Label Tulip message. With this new position, I'm now able to focus more on being here for YOU, our Label Tulip fans and customers. So, without further adieu, here are the new team members.......

Dedra Long | Tulip Girl with a heart

My name is Dedra Long and I live in Gilbert, Arizona. I'm married to the love of my life, Jon and we have a teenage daughter named Shelby and Ellie who is almost 7. I started scrapbooking in 1996 after my oldest daughter was born and then I stopped. I then started a candle making business with one of my best friends. We eventually got burned out (no pun intended. LOL!)
After being diagnosed with Stage III Cancer and the birth of our second daughter I remember walking into a craft store and picking up a magazine called Creating Keepsakes. I remember thinking: "This is how I can document our family and the love we share." "This is how my children will know who we are and what they mean to Jon and I." That was 2003 and I have been hooked ever since.

I have had the opportunity to participate on design teams both on.line and local scrapbook stores, as well as teach various classes.
My passion has always been creating and designing in my studio. I currently work at scrapbook.com and love it.
When I'm not in my studio I can be found making candles, traveling to little cities outside of Phoenix or shopping for antiques.
I have a SERIOUS LOVE for old cameras. My Grandmother gave me quite a few a couple of years ago. Needless to say I have them throughout our home.

One of the great things about this passion I have for scrapbooking is meeting such amazing, talented ladies that become friends. I'm so honored to be apart of the Label Tulip community.
Blog | Between Us




























Sasha Holloway | Tulip Girl with some sass



... I was born overseas to Army parents that named me Sasha

.. I met and married my dream guy in the Air Force 23 yrs after that and we have 2 children

.. I am almost 4 scrappy years old at the age of 33 ..

So now that we have the particulars out the way .. I love to scrapbook for me and certain things for my kids. I honestly love to shop for the new papers out there and mix them all up with different lines and “make it work”. I consider my style free balling and very daring at times. I love to journal and write my real and true emotions down. I feel that not all scrapbooking topics have to be all fancy, clean and smoldered. I think and believe it is okay to be you and allow at times your soul to flow on paper with a little color.

I am currently stationed out here in NM and I am looking forward to moving back overseas in a few months to the UK. I have been very grateful for opportunities that the military has given our family and my previous life before my own kids. I have been to almost every country and I fluently speak 2 other languages. I do have 2 degree’s and wonder honestly which one I am going to eventually use. I am currently focusing on my Photography business that is literally 9 yrs in the making. I am definitely a keep it real kinda girl .. who at times could give a flying .. oh wait let me stop right there. As I was saying .. I tend to just be a little too honest for some.

I currently design for Graphic 45, Glitz and my new challenge blog Point Blank Period which I created for scrapbookers, art journalers and other artist of all kind to stop caring and just create and be free .. with no judgments. I have been a guest designer in the past for Making Memories, Noel Mignon, Creative Scrappers and next month October Afternoon. I am very honored and grateful to be a part of such a fabulous team of talented ladies and wonderful company. Thank You Label Tulip for the opportunity to do what I love .. while eating my Core Skittles and Hot Tamales .. oh and I dare you to touch my butterfly punch .. .. all the while creating.
Blog | SassySasha















Amy Coose | Label Tulip Marketing Coordinator with the 411




My name is Amy Coose and I am a transplanted Texan living in Virginia. I have a wonderful hubby who's put up with me for almost 14 years, a son Austin (see you can't take the Texas out of the girl) who's 10 and a daughter Georgia who is 8. I also have a very stubborn schnoodle named Lily. I have been scrapbooking for almost 10 years, and love what this hobby has become to me. I use it not only to preserve my memories, but also as a creative outlet, and I can't imagine going a day without it. I have met some wonderful people and made some amazing friendships through scrapbooking and I am truly thankful for that.
When I am not scrapping, which is not very often, I teach a preschool class a few days a week. I am addicted to coffee, seriously addicted, and I spend way too much time on the computer. I am thrilled to be a part of this adventure with Jennifer and the Tulip Girls and can't wait for all the fabulous things that Label Tulip is going to bring.
Blog | Amy Coose





23 comments:

Kristin said...

Huge Congrats!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Congrats to you all! It's a pleasure to meet you! and I cannot wait to see what y'all will bring to the creative table ;)

~ margie

Charity Hassel said...

big congrats to you ladies!!!!

Carrie F. said...

Congrats ladies!! Awesome picks!!! We're sure to be inspired big time!! :)

Jennifer Yates said...

Way to go ladies!!! So excited for you and can't wait for more inspiration from the LT girls!!! :)

Jill said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see your work in the gallery!

Nancywithajones said...

aweeeeeesomeeeeee YOU GOT MY girl Sasha! ROCK ON!! and I know AmyCo! she is awesomeee CONGRATS to Dedra you do great work I cant wait to see what you girls do. CONGRATS LADIES!

Jennifer said...

So awesome! Yeah for the new girls!

Jenn

Mieke said...

Congrats girls! Can't wait to see what you will be doing with the wonderful kits!

Sasha said...

Thanks Ladies and Jennifer I am beyond excited and ready to for the challenge ..

;o)

Stephanie Baxter said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what great talents you are! I'm looking forward to being inspired!!!!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations to the new DT members!!

Keely Livings said...

Congrats, gals! I can't wait to be inspired by you!

bethchien said...

awww congrats!
and I love Sasha! what a great addition to the team!!
B

Kaytee said...

Awesome choices!!!! Congrats ladies!!!

Unknown said...

Big CONGRATS girls!! Way to go Sasha!!

Melonie said...

Huge Congrats to the new team!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm SO thrilled to get to know everyone!
Have a great Friday!
Loves.

Sheri Twing said...

Congrats to all! I'm especially excited for my girl Dedra! You all are amazing and we can't wait to see what you do!

robin.christine said...

Congrats to the new design team! I can't wait to see what everyone does with the new kit!

Julie Overby said...

Huge congrats to each of you ladies!

Jeni Boisvert said...

Huge Congrats, what an amazing team!!