Nov 4, 2008

Scrap Love

I gather from this thread on the Label Tulip message board that most people throw away their paper scraps. Not me. I'm a paper hoarder. I love to save my scraps and keep them by my desk in file folders sorted by color. But I'm not going to try to convince you to save your scraps. Rather, I'm going to try to convince you to use your scraps by transforming them into embellishments you can use later.

A lot of people don't like to keep their scraps because they find that (1) they don't use them and (2) it's a pain to store them. My solution answers both of these complaints.

Here's the deal: The next time you're cleaning up from working on a layout, make a little pile of your scraps and try out one of these ideas:

1. Flowers

There are many different styles of flowers, but the lollipop flowers are very popular right now and super easy to make. Here's how:



3. Basic Shapes

There are really only three shapes that I ever pre-cut so that I have a bunch on hand: (1) tags, (2) stars, (3) hearts. That's what I tend to reach for. You may have a different set of shapes that you like to work with. Now, I like a super handmade look, so I don't use a pattern or a template. I just start cutting. If you're a neater person, you may want to use a template, a die cut machine, or a punch. Here's a recent layout where I used up a bunch of scrappy hearts:

I store my shapes in a little drawer and just poke through them when the need arises!

3. Buttons

I am a button addict. They always seem to add just the perfect finishing touch, you know? With a few scraps, a circle punch, a hole punch, and some diamond glaze, you can make your own! Watch this video to find out how...



When you're finished, put away your new embellishments for later use on a card, layout, or even as a pretty finishing touch to a package!

I hope you enjoyed these tips!  Have a great day (and stop throwing away your scraps!!!)

10 comments:

Mel G said...

All right, I'm sold! No more throwing away scraps for me! Thanks for the awesome, awesome ideas!

nichole said...

I AM LOVING ALL THE NEW TUTORIALS! keep them and all the great ideas coming. thanks

Peggy said...

love your Lollipop flowers - great tutorial! thankyou so much!!!

Lisa Brown said...

Thanks so much for the lollipop flower tutorial! I love those and now I can make my own! Awesome!

scraphappypaperjunkie said...

I'm a scrap saver too! Now I've got something new to do with them. Thanks for the tutorials, they are great!

bin scrappin said...

You are a scrap GODDESS! Thanks for the tutorial!

Cathy said...

WOWOWOWOW!!! YOu're hilarious, Julie! I really enjoyed watching this! Thanks!!

Jennipher said...

Loving those lollipop flowers! Awesome tutorial.

kim's kreations said...

Thanks for the flower and the button tutorials...they were great!! Tried both and love the results!

disa said...

情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫,h漫